Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dear Jennifer Lopez: my girl crush is over

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/HTEditImages/Images/JLo-malfunction.jpg
I used to have a girl crush on Jennifer Lopez. Though I’ve never been a big fan of her music, I’ve loved her as an actress. Ever since the movie Selena, I’ve put all of my Latina hopes and dreams in a sparkly JLo basket. Well, actually, she shares the basket with Salma Hayek, but still. Jennifer Lopez did Mi Familia, a story about a Mexican-American family (although Jennifer herself is Puerto Rican). She was also a Fly Girl on In Living Color. The icing on the cake, Jennifer was Janet Jackson’s backup dancer in one of my favorite Janet songs, That’s the Way Love Goes.
 http://candy95.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/0620-jennifer-lopez-nip-slip-01-480x3181.jpg
Still. Back to my story.

Jennifer Lopez has achieved a high level of success in the entertainment world. And she is Latina. It’s a beautiful thing. I was happy to hear she settled down with Marc Anthony. Their movie El Cantante gave us a chance to see them work together. Then they had the twins, Max and Emme. It was good to see the resurgence of her career when she signed on to do American Idol.  I even got a little teary-eyed when JLo and Marc Anthony performed Aguanile on the American Idol finale last year.
 http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/jennifer-lopez-wardrobe-malfunction-wetten-dass.jpg
But these days, Jennifer is really leaving a sour taste in my mouth. First, it was the bombshell of her and Marc Anthony divorcing.  Then it was Bikini-Clad Jennifer Lopez Lounges with Shirtless Casper Smart in Hawaii.
 http://www.gistexpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/germ.jpg
Who does that? Who hooks up with one of their backup dancers who is half their age?
Well, obviously not you and I because we don’t have backup dancers, but you get the gist. Frolicking on the beaches of Hawaii in a bikini with your new hot, young stud…and your twins. Ew–I just can’t. Jennifer even brought Casper along to rub shoulders with her A-list celebrity homies. Now, there is a buzz about JLo’s wardrobe malfunction at the Academy Awards.
jLO 300x200 Dear Jennifer Lopez: my girl crush is over

What was that? A nip slip? On the biggest night of award shows?
 http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/27/article-2107218-11EF4CE2000005DC-272_634x968.jpg
Yawn. My girl crush is over. Sad. For the record, I like the second dress she wore better. I guess Salma Hayek has all the room in the world to stretch out her tiny legs in my sparkly Latina basket now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review